“I found myself asking over and over how PrimaLuna can deliver so much greatness for such a reasonable price”
“No tube amplifier I’ve auditioned comes close to its performance for anywhere rear its modest price”
Since its launching in September 2008, the DiaLogue Seven amplifier has gotten 6 major audio awards.
Best Tube Amplifier of the Year 2009 and Best Product of the Year 2009
Want the ultimate? Classic Ultralinear all-tube sound, with all the body and glory that you could ask for. An amplifier with bass authority, increased detail and definition, and a little more air on top, but never edgy.
In addition, the ProLogue Seven comes specially equipped with the following upgrades:
- Upgraded Solen capacitors made in France. The result is an even better midband and wonderful clarity.
- Fast Recovery Diodes. Resulting in increased definition and detail, especially when the music becomes complex.
- KT88 Output Tubes. We use the current production copy of the legendary Genalex KT88. The tube sounds wonderful, with tremendous body and punch, while still giving you the warmth and humanity you’d expect from an all-tube amplifier.
70 watts ultralinear, 40 watts triode with enough juice to drive most any speaker with ease and grace, and that famous EL-34 warmth people crave. The DiaLogue Seven monoblocs begin with the same basic topology as the award-winning DiaLogue Two integrated.
But the monoblocks reach a new level of performance using a unique dual-feedback topology: Cross-coupled current feedback for superior impulse behavior and gain stability. Next a slight amount of negative feedback is used to achieve exact gain setting, low distortion, and low output impedance. This effectively cancels the negative byproducts associated with both feedback circuits. The end result utilizes all the benefits of feed-back, without all the drawbacks.
Finally, the monoblocs integrate newly-designed, wide-band, low-loss, output transformers, built to handle even the most difficult speaker loads. A two Ohm output tap is added for additional flexibility.
Like all PrimaLuna amplifiers, it boasts:
- Soft-start circuit Extends component and tube life by powering up the amp gently every time you turn it on.
- Tube plate fuse Protects the amplifier output stage.
- Adaptive AutoBias. Exclusive to PrimaLuna, this circuit monitors and adjusts bias automatically. Improved performance and better sound, with distortion reduced by 40 to 50 percent over conventional designs. Like to experiment? Plug in virtually any power tube. Adaptive AutoBias will automatically adjust itself! In addition to EL-34s, you can use 6550, KT88, KT90, 6L6GC, KT66, 7581, EL37, and any of their equivalents.
- Premium parts . Fully vented chassis, chassis-mounted ceramic tube sockets, Nichicon and Realcap capacitors. WBT style speaker terminals. Gold plated input jacks.
- Hand made with the finest point to point wiring, with workmanship equal to or better than any product you can buy at any price , period.
- Chassis made of finely finished heavy gauge steel, and five step automotive quality finish. Each coat hand rubbed and polished. Removable tube cage included no charge.
- Toroidal power transformer for low hum, and a front end that is dead quiet.
- Conservative design parameters: Though PrimaLuna amplifiers are powerful, tubes run well below their maxim ratings.
Next we take the DiaLogue Seven to new heights with:
- Triode/Ultralinear switching. Allows you to switch how the power tubes operate on the fly, via a slim aluminum remote, allowing you to stay in your nice comfy seat while switching between the two modes.
- Improved output transformers designed for wide-bandwidth and high efficiency. Proprietary Custom low hum, wide bandwidth dual output transformers allow monoblocks to drive most any spaker with ease. These heavy-duty transformers elicit incredible detail from top to bottom, lower the output impedance, and provide the amp with greater control over speakers with difficult loads.
Built to Western standards with PrimaLuna’s standard-setting build quality and unparalleled reliability.
I am going to buy a pair of Martin Logan Electromotion speakers. Which of the amps must I buy? Also, will it gel with my Audio Research SP-16 preamp?
ARC SP-16 won’t be a problem, however I am not familiar with the Martin Logan Electromotion speakers. You might ask Kevin of Upscale Audio if you are from USA.
Herman van den Dungen
DUROB AUDIO BV